Check your network speed in seconds!
Start the network speed test by clicking the start button under the dials. The network speed test will start measuring your download speed and then your upload speed. You will also see your Ping time in milliseconds – the smaller the better.
Before beginning a wired broadband test ensure:
1. Your computer is plugged into the broadband line to be tested. The tester will not be accurate using wi-fi on iPads/Tablets, smartphones or other mobile devices.
2. Your computer is directly connected to your modem/router via an Ethernet Connection (i.e. not via a wireless or powerline adapters).
3. Any wireless adapter in your computer is switched off.
4. Close any programs that may be running on your computer. This includes any background programs such as anti-virus software, corporate VPNs, peer2peer clients etc. (Please ensure you re-enable any anti-virus software after you have finished testing).
5. Ensure no other people or devices (e.g. broadband-connected TV set-top boxes) are using the broadband line to be tested.
Why the download or upload test does not work?
What might affect my speed test?